Monday, September 23, 2013

Oohhhh, am I tempted!

I had the awesome priviledge to the ARC for Nicola Claire. I know her best from her Sweet Seductions series. Her upcoming book is due out 10/4/2013 and WOW! I am still reeling from this book. Here is the synopsis for "The Tempting Taste of Fire."

'Oh, this was sweet torture. To be this close to nirvana and walk away because I am coy. I closed my eyes tightly and swallowed down my fears. Theo wanted me. Like this. He craved me, in any way he could get me. Even if I wasn’t his, even if this all was torn asunder tomorrow, how could I not take the chance to feel this, to share this, with him? Even if just for a moment.'

For the past year Casey Eden has nurtured a crush on handsome, confident and slightly arrogant Theo Peters. For the first time in her life she's actually been able to flirt with a man. She even believed he was about to take their delicious flirtations to the next step.

But then things changed.

A pit full of dirt.
A preternatural world she never new existed.
And a fire of passion ignited deep inside her heart.

Now, they are sworn enemies, their attraction to each other a bitter-sweet temptation that will only lead to heartache in the end. But there is more for Casey to be worried about than forbidden love. Her world has been turned upside down and inside out, and now she has to find out who and what she has become. To do that, she must walk a dangerous tightrope between desire and reality. But reality for Casey includes a calling to the Earth and a longing for Fire, not to mention those who become aware of her will do anything to get what they want. And she soon begins to realise nothing will ever be the same again.

Sounds tempting, doesn't it. Here is my review.

--** spoiler alert ** Do you love paranormal romance? Do you like it? Sort of like it? Is it not really your thing? Well, read this one and it will be your thing. Nicola Claire writes like you can't imagine. I started reading this book last night around 7pm and stayed up till 1am reading. I would have finished the book last night but my vision started blurring with exhaustion...so what did I do? I took a NAP and woke up early to finish reading it!
This book takes place in New Zealand. A young woman, Cassandra aka Cassie, wakes up buried alive but then starts to commune with the earth. Come to find out, she has been missing for 2 days. When she shows to work at her bakery/sandwich shop her best friend and her love interest are there loaded with questions, but she notices that things are changing and her love interest, Theo, notices too. See, he is like her but so different That difference also makes them immediate enemies. This book is truly original and unique. The characters and surroundings were so well developed and described that I could see, hear, smell and feel everything. When Cassie dug her hands into the ground, I could imagine drawing that raw energy into my body. Amazing, just amazing. So if you're asking, "What did I get out of this book, where you combine warring elementals with passion that singes?" MAGIC! Pure magic!
Recommend: Yes and already have!
HEAT: 4/5
Re-read: In a skinny minute!

--Favorite Lines--
"So you are not immune to my charms," Theo purred, his voice deeper, rougher than before.

"You are delicious"

"If you destroy my house, Casey Eden, I will lock you in a concrete dungeon and feed off you for eternity. Fuck the rules! I will make you suffer my influence, I will make you beg for release."

"But we will have to convince him you are something else" Theo explained..."And what exactly is that?" I whispered. He raised an eyebrow, gave me a sexy-smug smile, and said, "Mine."

"What do you want, Oraia?" he whispered..."You," I whispered..."I want all of you."

"For shame, Cassandra," he chided with obvious amusement. "You would deny me your first orgasm in my presence? I will gladly watch you play some other time, but tonight, my first with you, your orgasms are all mine."

I was given this as an ARC for my honest opinion, and you've got it.--

So there it is...Check Nicola on her blog at http://nicolaclairebooks.blogspot.com/ and on GoodReads at http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5831941.Nicola_Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment