Thursday, April 18, 2013

Hello, my name is Jen and I am addicted to books!

 OK, so I like to read. Just ask my husband and kids. If I have a free minute, or can carve out a few minutes, I am reading! I scrounge around Amazon.com and find books...free books and not so free...and I read. Now, let me place a small disclaimer. I read for my personal satisfaction. I have a very demanding job as a registered nurse and reading is my escape.
 That being said, the books I read are not just fluffy, raunchy romances. Well, most of them are raunchy! (**wink**) OK, I'm just kidding. I like romance novels. I read ALL kinds of romance....Christian Romance, Contemporary, Mystery/Suspense, Paranormal, Historical....the list goes on and on. The amount of books I have read are extensive. I received a Kindle 3 Christmas's ago and right after that I sold over 350 paperback books, kept around 50 "faves" and now, 2 Kindles later, I have over 300 downloaded reads on my Amazon account. :-) Nothing makes me happier than knowing I have a fantastic husband, 3 beautiful children and a book waiting to RESCUE ME FROM THE MADNESS!! Recently I have become a BETA reader for a couple of authors and one day, I hope to have published myself.
 Just for the people reading this, I do not JUST read. Believe it or not, I am HUGE into nutrition. We are currently in the process of going GMO and processed foods free (see future posts on this!) I also love the elliptical. Looking at me you can't tell, but I love to turn my kindle on, headphones in my iPhone with Pandora Radio on and go to town, figuratively. I also enjoy writing. I am not professionally educated other that what was required of me in nursing school. I have wrote several "things"  but nothing published....with time.
 I follow several blogs now and really enjoy them. So, I am going to take just a few minutes of my mommy, wife, nurse and book time to write a few opinions...and facts...down. As for today, I am done because, Sorry, I'm reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment